How to Brush Your Teeth
Brushing your teeth is one of those things most of us do as part of our daily routine. By brushing your teeth every day, you can help keep your teeth healthy, strong, and beautiful. In order to do that, however, it is important that you follow the proper guidelines for how to brush your teeth. The American Dental Association has provided these simple steps:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Don’t use more than a pea-size drop of toothpaste; for most adults, this is plenty.
- Brush your teeth in a circular motion.
- Be sure to brush every side of your teeth, including the back, the chewing surfaces, and close to the gum line.
- Don’t’ forget to brush the tongue!
- Brush for at least 2 minutes, 2 times a day.
By changing your brushing habits and brushing your teeth with the correct technique, you will start to see a difference over time. Your teeth will be healthier, and you can avoid expensive dental treatments to correct problems. In addition to brushing twice a day, it is also important to floss at least once a day. Regular visits to the dentist are also important to help your teeth stay healthy throughout your life. If you have more questions about the best ways to brush your teeth, we welcome you to call us at 314-968-1553 and set up a time to visit with Dr. Wintermantel at our office in St. Louis, Missouri.