If you are receiving any kind of oral surgery, Dr. Wintermantel will provide a set of instructions on how to care for your mouth following your procedure. These post-operative instructions will help you recover more quickly and correctly, and minimize the possibility of complications. We will also take the time before the procedure to discuss these instructions and any concerns you may have.
Common post-operative questions include:
- How can I manage any pain after my procedure?
- How long will my recovery be, and how long will I experience discomfort?
- Will I have any dietary restrictions during my recovery?
- Will I be able to drive myself home after the procedure?
- Will I need antibiotics?
- Will I have any follow-up appointments?
- How do I care for my new restoration or removable prosthetic?
Before your procedure, be sure to ask Dr. Wintermantel any questions that you may have. You may want to consider writing your concerns down. We want to help you feel as comfortable as possible in all aspects of your treatment – before, during, and after your procedure. No question or concern is too small.
For more information about our post-operative instructions, or if you have further questions about your procedure, please contact us at 314-968-1553. We will be happy to help you schedule an appointment at our office in St. Louis, Missouri.